On March 12, 2012, Farimah Schuerman, Joyce Whitby, and Allegra Toback Simon explained the basics of how to get your education products into the NYC Public Schools. Getting a vendor number, having your products listed, and actually selling in the NYC public school system is an enigma for many of us. Their webinar clarified the procedures, and discussed some of the tricks used by veterans.
Below is the video of that webinar along with the approximate timing, hh:mm, of each section, and below that are links to the key documents.
- How to get into the system so you can be considered as a vendor. 8:15
- The four (plus two) ways to doing business with the NYCDOE 9:35
- How to use the vendor portal: 13:30
- How to submit a product 15:00
- How to upload a catalog 16:15
- How to create a vendor report: 19:00
- How to create a purchase order report: 20:00
- How to administer your vendor account: 21:00
- Looking at NYC DOE bids and RFP’s: 21:30
- NYC DOE Help: 23:00
- Getting paid: 25:30
- Is software different from books and other products 26:40
- Getting on bids: 28:00
In addition, the following documents are available from the presentation.
- Slides from the presentation
- How to manage your catalog: Catalog Management Tool Reference Guide
- NYC Dept of Education 2012 Procurement Policies